For any questions about the membership process, please feel free to contact us.
ASACIC — Autism Society of America – Central Illinois Chapter
The Central Illinois Chapter of the Autism Society of America (ASACIC) was officially incorporated in January of 2004, formed from the roots of parent support group founded in 2002. The chapter has grown steadily since it’s inception and is continually exploring and expanding the ways it can help the autism community in central Illinois.
ASACIC is dedicated to increasing public awareness about autism, providing education and a forum for discussion on the day-to-day issues faced by individuals with autism, their families and the professionals with whom they interact. In addition, the group seeks to promote lifelong access and opportunity for all individuals within the autism spectrum, and their families, to be fully participating, included members of our community.
ASACIC is run by an all-volunteer Board of Directors, elected by the chapter’s membership, which hold their positions for 1 year. The current Board of Directors consist of the following people:
- Ed Jankauski – President
- Teri Richards – Vice President
- Teresa Paul – Secretary
- Jerry Selsor – Treasurer
- Tom Owings – Board Director
Board of Professionals
- Danny Snodgrass & Kurt Flaherty – AXA Advisors
- Ed Stanfield Jr. – Glenn Brunk Stationers
- Georgia Winson & Julie Alderman – The Autism Program
- Lyn Becker – Educational Consulting Services, LLC
- Liz Mikus – Special Education Teacher
- Dr. Manisha Punwani- Proffesional-Psychiatrist at SIU School of medicine